A field trip to Japan has been organized for the spring break of 2016. This trip is available to students currently taking or has taken Hamber Applied Skills courses.
This trip is THREE trips combined into one (Japan East, Japan Central and Japan West).
Students will see and experience the following:
- Ride the Japanese bullet train for more than 1500 km
- Ride the Tokyo subway and train system during rush hour
- Eat authentic Japanese food at local vendors
- We will visit 9 cities and surrounding areas
- Tours include: Japanese National Museum, Toyota Factory Plant/Museum, National Transportation Museum, Hiroshima National War Memorial, and various economic financial districts.
- Fashion Tours will include: Kobe Fashion Museum, Kyoto Costume Institute, Sugino Costume Museum, and Bunka Gakuen Costume Museum – Shinjuku.
Science topics will include:
Advance robotics, nano-technology, language translation technology, latest transportation technology, Japanese space exploration, Japanese work habits and philosophy, as well as the impact technology have on the Japanese society.
Fashion topics will include:
Development of the Japanese Fashion Style (history, and current styles), selection of materials(pre-post war times), promotion and trend setting endeavours(marketing).