The purpose for the trip
- To give the students an opportunity of a hands on experience with various Japanese technologies and innovations.
- To let the students observe, experience, and interact in a foreign culture.
- To provide a direct tangible linkage to school learning with the robotics, electronics, and the science & technology studies programs.
- To develop team leadership skills
- To gain personal growth through an international trip away from home
- To learn and understand team work, cultural respect, and personal discipline.
- To see Japan’s past, present, and the future via various museums and tours.
- To prepare the school community for future Japan/Vancouver student exchange program.
Profile of a student candidate
Academic/School Related Qualities
- The trip is open to Grade 10/11/12 students in Senior Math and Science Courses
- Passing all courses in term 1 and 2
- Acceptable attendance record in terms 1 and 2
- Satisfactory / Good Work Habits in Terms 1 and 2
- Participate in a variety of activities
- Is a good candidate for post secondary education
- Is an excellent role model for other students
- Be able to represent the school in a positive and exemplary manner
- Demonstrate good citizenship behaviors
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a team player; be able to work with others and can demonstrate leadership skills
- Must love to travel and explore new experiences
- Not afraid of trying new things
- Respectful of the Japanese culture
- Students will be selected based on a questionnaire.